Cannabis as an industry is growing tremendously, and right now, every cannabis enthusiast in Colorado is wondering how and where they can get a dispensary badge in Pueblo. Some of the best dispensaries in Pueblo regularly look for new employees to help with the increasing number of customers. This makes the Colorado MED badge very valuable to people who want to participate in this wave of change.
This article will look at how you can become a part of the growing Colorado cannabis industry. If you haven’t heard of the MED badge already, don’t worry; we’ll explain how you can get it. So without further ado, let’s get started and clear all your doubts.
MED Badge 101
The procedure of working in the Colorado cannabis industry has been simplified a lot when compared before 2020. Before that, a person had to apply for different licenses, which got complicated if you didn’t know what you were doing. However, with the advent of the MED Employee License, the entire process became streamlined.
Issued by the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division, this badge will be your passport to the marijuana dispensaries in Pueblo. All you have to do is check your eligibility, fill out an application with the Colorado Department of Revenue, pay the charges and then wait. It’s not a very cumbersome process as you can complete all the formalities digitally or by mail from the comfort of your home.
Why Apply for a MED Badge Right Now?
The cannabis industry is rapidly expanding. If you can be a part of it right now, you’ll have a deep understanding of it by the time it becomes a worldwide phenomenon. The best entry points into the cannabis industry are open if you get a dispensary badge. You might have some misconceptions about the cannabis industry and its future. However, it’s already growing at a quick face.
Cannabis has become a favored medication and recreational drug for an astounding 68% of Americans who favor legalization. Colorado legalized cannabis for medicinal use in 2000, and in 2012, cannabis was legalized for recreational use. All these factors hint toward a rapidly growing cannabis industry you might want to get your feet into.
How Do I Get the Dispensary Badge in Pueblo, CO?
You first need to visit the MED Employee License page and download the application form. You’ll have to fill in a few details in the application form you’ve downloaded. It is necessary to have these documents at the ready:
- Social Security Number/ Or an undertaking that you don’t have one
- Proof of your identity like a driver’s license or any other state-issued ID compliant with Real ID
- Your age
- Past employment history
- Any criminal history
- For non-residents of Colorado: proof of enrollment in a training program intended for non-residents studying cannabis
- Application fee
- Fingerprints (taken by a third-party vendor)
- Mailing and physical addresses
Is There Any Eligibility Criteria?
You must read the eligibility criteria before you apply for the MED badge. Doing so will save both time and money for you since you can predict whether your application will be approved or not.
The eligibility criteria laid down by Colorado Department are as follows:
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- You need to be either a resident of Colorado or refer to point number 6 of the previous section
- You need to produce a valid ID proof with your address
- Haven’t failed to remedy outstanding delinquency with the Department of Revenue
- Shouldn’t be a convicted felon in the last three years
- Shouldn’t be subjected to a sentence for a felony
- Aren’t a physician making recommendations to patients
- Haven’t had your authority as a primary caretaker revoked
- Aren’t a prosecuting officer, or a part of the police/sheriff’s department
- Aren’t an officer/employee of the state/local licensing authority
- Aren’t a spouse/child or living with someone who’s a member of the Colorado MED.
Are There Any Other Requirements?
Once you’ve checked everything and got all the documentation ready, you can apply by paying the application fee of $105. The MED is also accepting online payments. However, cash isn’t being accepted currently. It’s advised that you check the payment methods accepted before proceeding to avoid any hassles in the future.
Once you’re done with the application and have paid the fees, you need to sit back and relax. A thorough background check will be conducted to determine your eligibility, and if you fail to clear it, the department will inform you what can be done to get your application approved. If your application still hasn’t been processed after three to four weeks, you should visit the license verification page to see if your license has been issued.
If you need any help with the entire process, you should contact MED directly; they’ll be happy to help. This wraps up everything you need to know about the MED badge and where to get it in Pueblo. If you found this article useful, share it with anyone you know who might need it, and it might help them with their careers.